- (Download) CBSE Class-10 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme (Home Science)
- (Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme (Fashion Studies)
- (Book) National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Why
Posted: 04 Jan 2017 04:29 AM PST
(Download) CBSE Class-10 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme (Home Science)
Time: 3 Hrs Maximum
1. All questions are compulsory.
1. Which is an example of physical fatigue:
(a) fatigue due to cycling
2. To remove blood stains from white cotton fabric
(a) Use hot water and salt
3. Ironing should not be done directly on the _________.
4. ___________ an example of direct income
(a) living in own house
5. Stress and storm is a typical phase of:
a) early childhood
6. Neeta got a stain on her white shirt. She does not know the nature of stain. Tell her two ways to identify the nature the stain along with the examples.
7. Write any two advantages of using food groups in planning a balanced diet.
8. 'Money is a pivotal resource". Write any four ways of saving this resource while going for shopping.
9. State with example how cultural factors influence meal planning. 2
10. Convince your friend the importance of soaking cloths before scrubbing.
11. Give four tips to your friend to save her energy while rearranging her wardrobe.
12. What is AGMARK? Name any two products that are given this quality mark.
13. Give one influence of each availability of food items, age and cost of food items on meal planning.
14. Your father has come from his office little early and looking very stressed. Suggest him six ways to reduce the psychological fatigue.
15. Your uncle is not able to adjust with his old father. Explain him the changes which occur during old age and how can he take care of his father's special needs?
16. Define meal planning. State any six advantages of it. 4
17. Sunita has to wash her woolen and silk clothes. Tell her any four differences in the process of washing the clothes.
18. Educate a group of Anganwadi workers about the important features of RDA.
19. You have wheat, rice, rajma, potato, peanuts, refined oil, spinach, paneer, eggs, oranges, bottle guard, apples and butter in your kitchen. Segregate them according to the food groups as given by ICMR and explain their nutrition value.
20. Skill of a Home Science student can help her family to increase the real income. Support the statement with the help of any eight examples.
21. You have purchased unpacked milk from a new milk vendor. How will you ensure that you are not being cheated?
22. When would you describe an advertisement of a product as 'misleading'? Explain with suitable examples.
23. What are the different stages of adulthood? Write two characteristics of each stage.
24. Your mother has started a small scale business of food preservation. Keeping in mind the requisites of a good label, draw a label for apple jam.
25. You got an unknown stain on your school uniform. What procedure will you follow to remove it?
26. Nitin is a labourer and earning Rs. 10,000 per month. Is this, one of the important factor that can influence the expenditure of his family? If yes, explain with examples four more factors that can influence the same.
27. Your term II examination is going to start after a month. Plan your time accordingly, keeping in mind the various steps involved in it.
Posted: 04 Jan 2017 04:11 AM PST
(Download) CBSE Class-12 2016-17 Sample Paper And Marking Scheme (Fashion Studies)
Time: 3hours M.M.70
Q1. Define the term 'roll line'.
Q2.How much should be the seam allowance on side seam and straight hemline of a garment?
Q3. Why 'Kani' were regarded as luxuries in Europe?
Q4.From where the word 'ready to wear' is derived?
Q5. Name any two fabrics used frequently for men's casual wear garments.
Q6. Suggest an underlining to achieve a luxurious finish.
Q7.Mention the method to achieve Kimono sleeve.
Q8.State the origin of the word 'Khaki'. Why Khaki coloured uniforms have become synonymous with uniform and law enforcement services in India? 2
Q9. What were the prevalent radical options in draping the sari during 1970? 2
Q10. The famous designer Schiaparelli's designs had an artistic approach and influenced by
Surrealism movement.' Support the statement by giving relevant example. 2
Q11. A popular finish bias piping is used for blouses and other Indian garments. How is it different from bias facing? 2
Differentiate between test fitting and garment fitting.
Q12. Sanya is dressed up in a skirt for a birthday party. How can she check the element of 'balance' in the skirt? 2
Q13. List two types each of skirts and pants worn by women. 2
Q14. a) How is French placket constructed?
Q15. Categorize two determining factors that affect the type of underlining. 2
Q16. (a) 'The costumes worn by screen characters in successful movies and television serials, are influential in creating market demand for similar styles at affordable price points. Justify.
c) Name the event which exclusively showcases wedding trousseau wear.
Q17. Plan steps to prepare 'U-neckline'. Support the answer with neat diagram. 2+1=3
Explain steps to develop Mandarin Collar, with the help of neat diagram.
Q18. a) Why pattern designers started draping their patterns on a dress form?
Q19. Discuss the use of following equipments:
Q20. Rahul is a toddler. What kind of colours, fabrics and patterns should be preferred by his mother to purchase clothes for him? 3
Q21. Elaborate the following terms:
Q22. Explain three different types of grainlines.
Q23. Suggest the patterns to be avoided with diagonal print. Also suggest patterns most suitable with even plaids. 2+1=3
Q24. What are blended fabrics? Why do consumers feel confused in identifying the synthetics?
Posted: 04 Jan 2017 01:36 AM PST
(Book) National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Why
Reading level: 3 - 7 years
Hardcover: 128 pages
Publisher: National Geographic Children's Books (10 May 2011)
|You are subscribed to email updates from CBSE PORTAL : CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, JEE-MAIN, AIPMT Students Community. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|