Posted: 01 Jun 2017 04:11 AM PDT
CBSE Inter-School Sports & Games Competitions (2017-18)
Participation in sports gives children a practical way to learn about goal-setting, importance of team work, discipline and skills required to deal with real life situations of ups and down. Involvement in sports activities builds self-esteem and the students gain confidence and develop more positive view of themselves. Needless to mention, sports activities also help students to stay healthy and fit contributing to overall wellbeing. Board has been conducting sports events for the schools affiliated under independent category at Cluster / Zonal and National level every year. Presently, sports and games competition are held in 24 disciplines in various age groups. Commencing from 2017-18, we are introducing online system for inviting proposals for hosting sports events and for applying to participate in sports events. Accordingly, the following may be noted:
1. Online Proposal by Schools for Organizing Sports Event: Schools wishing to host any of the competitions at Cluster/ Zonal or National Level in any of the disciplines for either boys/girls category or both, may apply online through web-portal cbsesports.in between the period
01.06.2017 to 15.06.2017 under link “Apply to Organize”. They may use the same Username and Password used by them for LOC Submission for class X/XII Examination. Schools must ensure that they have facilities befitting to hold the sports events. Offline entry shall NOT be accepted.
2. Online Registration of Players for participation in sports events : Schools intending to sponsor their students/ team for participation in CBSE sports events may register their students/ team online by filling the on-line form available at cbsesports.in under link “Register Student” and “Apply to Participate”. The schools may use the same Username and Password as mentioned in point no.1 above. Offline entry shall NOT be accepted.
3. Schedule of Activities:
4. List of Games, Age Groups and Clusters/ Regions:
The listed 24 games, Age groups at Cluster/ Zonal and National level are given in Annexure-A & B respectively,
5. Grants: Board provides grant to school for organizing sports events. (Rs.2,00,000/- for Cluster/ Zone level and Rs.3,00,000/- for National level). Sports equipments such as shuttle-cock, tennis ball, football, volleyball and basketball etc. will be arranged by the host schools. They may purchase/hire equipments at their own and meet expenditure out of CBSE grant. No extra payment will be given by CBSE.
6. Annual Sports Fee: Independent Private Schools are required to remit Rs.10,000/- as Annual Sports Fee at the time of depositing registration fee with LOC (List of Candidates). No other mode like Cheque/DD shall be accepted in this regard. The fee should not be sent to Sports-Cell, CBSE, Preet Vihar, Delhi in any case.
All Independent category of private schools affiliated to the Board are requested to take note of the above and participate accordingly in sports competitions.
CBSE INTER SCHOOL SPORTS COMPETITIONS
CLUSTERS & ZONES/REGIONS (2017-18)
|You are subscribed to email updates from CBSE PORTAL : CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, JEE-MAIN, AIPMT Students Community. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|