Posted: 06 Oct 2016 12:44 AM PDT
(Notification) NCERT Doctoral Fellowship - 2016
Objectives of the Scheme:
(a) To provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives.
Priority Areas :
Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas:
Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA): Issues of implementation, current problems of secondary school education vis a vis RMSA activities, challenges for teachers and administrators, opportunities for students and communities, evaluation of physical facilities under scheme, improvement in education of students of weaker section of society, 2 improvement of teacher pupil ratio/ impact of RMSA on quality of secondary education, role in removing gender disparity, barriers in achieving RMSA etc.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) : Issues related to implementation strategies/ Challenges, Training of Teachers, students achievements, Problems at DIET,BRC,CRC levels, School level Administrative hurdles, problems related to school enrolment, dropouts, retention/ issues of children of migratory parents, improvement in level of achievements, inclusive education under SSA, role in removing gender disparity, RTE and its implementation etc.
Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes: Role of teacher education schemes in up-gradation of teachers, Motivational factors under various schemes, Impact on teaching efficiency, Improvement of schemes, improvement of role and functioning of DIETs/SCERTs, CTEs, IASEs etc,
Teacher Educators' Education: Quality of pre-service and in-service teacher education programs, challenges and opportunities in teacher training, Review and Revision of curriculum/syllabi, assessment process of pre-service training, possible changes in practices teaching, models of teacher training, deterioration in training process. Internship issues related to teacher education, qualitative improvement in teachers and teacher educators, issues related to admission and recruitment of teacher education.
Education of the Disadvantaged: Disadvantages of different kinds because of belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes and backward castes, and minority communities, and due to gender, disability, and living in difficult circumstances.
Classroom Processes and Practices: Multi-grade teaching, over-crowded classrooms, medium of instruction, languages used in the class, teaching-learning process, teacher concerns, evaluation practices, disciplinary techniques, and space and time management.
Curricular Areas: Teaching of Science, Mathematics, Language, Social Sciences, Arts and Crafts, Work and Vocational Education, Environmental Sciences, and Health and Physical Education.
Education for Peace : Conflict and its resolution in different spheres, problem of violence, respect for cultural diversity, values for living in harmony with people and nature, child rights, and sustainable development.
Psycho-social Development of Children: Development of self, relationships and social skills, understanding and cognitive skills, communications skills, leadership, decisionmaking and copying with stress.
1. Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Post Graduate Levels.
1. Four out of 10 fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) one each for Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Mysore.
2. The fellowships will be limited to extremely deserving candidates only. If suitable candidates are not available, Council may not select all 10 Fellows.
3. Candidate applying for Doctoral Fellowship should have either completed predoctoral research methodology course or enrolled/selected for such course for appropriate duration as approved by UGC. The fellowship will start after completion of the course and confirmed registration with the University for Ph.D. work.
4. Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
5. The NCERT Doctoral Fellow will be required to contribute to the RIE teaching programme, field research and/or the curriculum development and textbook 3 development programmes of NCERT for 30 days in a year. The Fellow will be provided III AC fare for the travel, and accommodation in the RIE hostel.
6. The Doctoral Fellow will be under obligation to present public lecture on larger issues of public interest relevant to his/her doctoral research work, if so invited. The seminar may be held at RIEs or NCERT headquarter and the fellows will be given the III AC fare for travel for the same.
7. The candidate will submit with their applications, the CV of the research supervisor which should clearly indicate the research work done by them in the last five years. NCERT reserved the right to advise the candidate to chose a new research supervisor if needed. The candidate may select a supervisor/research guide approved by NCERT. The fellowship of the last three months and contingency of the third year will be released only after receipt of the thesis.
The procedure for short listing of applicants will be designed by NCERT. Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview, which may also include presentation of the proposals. Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the interview-cum-seminar.
Reservation of Seats
The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be applicable to the candidates belonging to different categories.
NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- per month (for NonNET) and Rs16,000/- per month ( in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and date of selection in NCERT. They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period. The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent Ph.D. registration in NCERT and will terminate at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
Disbursement of Fellowship
The NCERT will credit the monthly fellowship to the savings bank account of the Fellow. For this, each Fellow will be required to submit a 'Certificate of Attendance and Satisfactory Work Performance' to NCERT on a quarterly basis. Release of the monthly fellowship from second quarter onwards will be subject to receipt of the said certificate. Annual contingency grant to the extent of actual expenditure incurred but not more than Rs.10,000/- per annum will be credited to the account of the Fellow after receipt and scrutiny of the bills/vouchers submitted by the fellow duly signed and countersigned by the supervisor and Head of the Department.
How to Apply:
Application should be field in the prescribed format available online at the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in). Only online applications will be accepted.
The last date for online application is 21 November, 2016.
|You are subscribed to email updates from CBSE PORTAL : CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, JEE-MAIN, AIPMT Students Community. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|